Spike Lees crowd fundraiser, was astonishingly successful, backers donate $1,325,481 in total. Steven Soderbergh who says Spike Lee is "a totally unique figure in American cinema," donated $10k. Short after Lee's target was hit he releassed a youtube video thanking god for his followers help with the kickstart. This is the third largest film to be funded by kickstarters users, the movie is described as "Bloody, Funny, Sexy." a thriller about humans wanting blood
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/aug/19/spike-lee-film-kickstarter-money
Do you think more directors should use kick starter to promote their films?
ReplyDeleteYes, if they do more kickstarts, the film will probably be a bettwr blockbuster
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteWhy?? I'm not sure I understand your reasoning? More money means a film is a blockbuster?? A director who can walk into any office in town and get a meeting should be asking people on the internet for money? I'm not sure I follow.
ReplyDelete